This is the latest latakoo Flight App in beta. This version is for testing. While it will work with our live system, we anticipate some bugs and issues.
The current beta app is latakoo Flight 6.3.9. It appears that you are using an unsupported platform. If that's the case, download it here:
If you're using a different operating system, please select from the following list. Your download will begin immediately.
New features in latakoo Flight Beta 6.3.9 include:
- Estimator Feature
- The app provides an estimated time to encode and upload file given your connection speed, hardware, file type and size.
- The estimator requires you to upload 20 files in order to produce an accurate time estimate. This applies to each user and machine.
- Once trained, the estimator will indicate an estimated time for every setting on the latakoo quality slider.
- The fastest upload will be indicated by the latakoo bird under the quality setting.
- UDP Improvements
- A toggle switch on the app interface provides easy switching between UDP and TCP uploading.
- latakoo recommends UDP for uncompressed uploads where you have high bandwidth environments. UDP can also be used in high latency situations, when there is a large distance between your location and our servers, such as an upload from China.
- Improved UDP upload capability.
- Speed Gauges and Automatic Transfer Protocol Selection
- The app has two new bandwidth speed gauges. One measures possible transfer speed to latakoo infrastructure with TCP, the other measure possible transfer speed to latakoo infrastructure with UDP.
- The app will select the upload protocol (UDP or TCP) to use based on which protocol is faster by at least 20%. (There will be no switch if the difference is less than 20%.)
- The app will estimate delivery speeds at every quality setting for both UDP or TCP. Uploaders can switch between the two manually to see the different speeds.
- Other functionality:
- Improved handling of lost or stopped connection
- Clear messaging when connection is not available.
- Compressed upload now available for photo files.
- Fixed the issue with image group upload.
- Fixed issue with network calls and made them more resilient to network fluctuations.
- Disables the proxy-selection, UDP toggle, upload method selection, sleep override, while the upload is happening